Power tool review

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hitachi P13F Planer

I paid $300 for this planer at Lowe's and in the four months that I have been using it I have had no problems. I use exotic hardwoods almost exclusively and only in the last week did the knives finally become dull. There's the good news, the knives are reversible and disposable. I know there are those who like to be able to resharpen any implement they get their hands on but I'm not about to start a second career as a tool sharpener and I live in a rural area where there is no such service. So I'll pay my 22 bucks periodically for a new pair of knives and reverse them when the first side becomes dull. Take a few minutes to set this machine up properly and it will perform well. Sniping is not an issue and I have experienced no feed related problems. When taking the final cut I take as little off as possible and it leaves the surface ready for finishing in many cases, it just depends on the species being cut. Based on price, performance, and features this planer is definitely worth a look if you are planning a purchase in the near future. Here's a link to Hitachi with all the specs.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/store_item.php?iID=249&arrPath=1,6,42,p249,&tab=2&tab=2&tab=2&tab=2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home